At ClickView we strive to transform teaching and learning experiences globally. We do this by:
- Empowering educators with the best of technology; and
- Enriching the education of future generations through world-leading video content.
With teams across Australia, the UK and the US, we’re proud to support over 5,000 schools, institutes and universities around the world.
ClickView is a world-class company founded in Australia in 2003. We’ve grown in leaps and bounds since our early years. We now have more than 80 staff worldwide working to make a positive impact on the education of future generations. Here’s how we evolved from a tech start-up into world-leading content producers of curriculum-aligned video titles for educators and students.
The story begins
- ClickView is founded in Sydney in 2003 by Evan Clark, Tim Power and Matthew Sandblom, representing a whole new way for teachers to engage with students, especially digital natives. ClickView operates as an on-premise streaming solution for schools and needs a software install and a server.
- Internet speeds are a fraction of today’s and DVDs are common technology, especially in education settings. The vision of ClickView takes shape around the forward-thinking belief that digital video will fast become the future, long before streaming services like YouTube exist.
- The ClickView platform is an instant hit, removing the need for teachers to borrow DVD or VHS videos. Everything is suddenly available on computers and in the classroom.
- ClickView are the exclusive distributors of VEA/ Classroom Video/ Learning Essential content in digital format.
Schools can now record TV
- ClickView develops its own DVR technology, allowing schools to record and share TV content.
A sign of things to come
- Tim Power opens ClickView’s first UK office in Bristol, which at the time is shared with Australian edtech company, 3P Learning.
- The Exchange is licensed by Screenrights in Australia, and ERA in the UK.
- Future CEO Edward Filetti joins a team of 12 ClickView staff as a part-time accounts junior.
- We commence our partnerships with third-party producers, to bring together the very best of educational content in one place.
Growth in the UK
- ClickView moves into its own UK office, this time in Cambridge.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The ClickView 24-7 device is launched, enabling schools to harvest far more TV content than was previously possible.
- ClickView Australia takes on additional offices to keep up with growth.
The cloud changes everything
- ClickView moves to Microsoft Azure in 2012, catapulting it into a growth cycle that sees it reach hundreds of schools worldwide.
- With video delivery via the cloud, customers can be set-up and use the ClickView product immediately via a single sign-on service.
- ClickView consolidates its Australian offices into the current HQ in Pyrmont, Sydney.
The cloud advances
- ClickView 24-7 Cloud launches, a revolutionary advance making free-to-air TV available to educators, via the cloud.
More than a tech company
- ClickView acquires education video production house ‘VEA’ and a studio in Melbourne to establish ClickView Productions. The aim is to produce new video titles mapped to the curriculum.
- 1,500 schools now using ClickView.
- ClickView Online video views show a 65% increase from 2013.
Continuing to innovate in teaching and learning
- ClickView launches interactive videos and ClickView TV.
- More than 2,000 schools now use ClickView.
- ClickView expands into the tertiary sector, working with hundreds of TAFEs, further education colleges, and universities in Australia and the UK.
ClickView anytime, anywhere
- ClickView now services over 2,500 schools and users can access curriculum-relevant video anywhere, anytime, and on multiple devices.
- Bertram Poppingstock: Problem Solver is the first in-house production to be screened on broadcast TV.
- Our interactive videos are a finalist at the BETT Awards in the UK.
Major digital developments
- We launch our new digital curriculum catalogue, to help educators easily find the most appropriate educational content.
- TV Guide is now available to browse free-to-air TV educational content.
- ClickView’s UK office moves to the London tech hub of Shoreditch.
System wide transformation
- The state of Victoria chooses ClickView for all state secondary schools.
- Over 2,700 schools now use ClickView.
- ClickView continues to focus and invest more heavily in world class teaching and learning and curriculum production.
- ClickView is now a community of thousands of educators around the world with production studios in Melbourne and London.
- Delvene Neilson, one of Australia’s leading industry experts, joins us from 3P Learning as the Head of Customer Success.
From strength to strength
- Partnership with EduVic provides ClickView access to 1,111 additional Victorian primary schools (1,500 in total).
- Now 100% cloud-based, ‘Shared Libraries’ facilitates collaboration with Enterprise tools.
- ATOM award winner for Best Instructional Video, 10 Things not to do in an Interview.
- ATOM award finalist for Best Animation, Growth Mindset and Best Web Series, World War II.
- Over 4,000 schools and colleges worldwide now use ClickView.
- Michael Wilkinson from I Am Learning and Frog, becomes Managing Director of our UK business.
Our biggest year to date
- Over 4,500 schools worldwide now use ClickView, with a 98% average renewal rate. This includes 9 in 10 Australian secondary students, and 5 in 10 primary students.
- Partnerships with Sydney Catholic Schools, CEO Lismore, CEO Sale and CED Parramatta, providing access for all students and teachers within these dioceses.
- Partnership with Makematic and content contribution to Teaching Online Masterclass, a free online repository of online teaching resources.
- User numbers triple during remote learning, with video views quadrupling.
- ClickView series, Fake News featured on the Today Show.
A year of growth and global beginings
- ClickView wins ERA Awards for Best Secondary Resource or Equipment – ICT and Outstanding Achievement During COVID-19.
- Receive approval as a World Class Schools Quality Mark (WCSQM) supplier.
- Launch a brand new a platform for primary and secondary educators in the US.
- Nominated for a 2022 BETT Award (stay tuned).
- Celebrate the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics with new dedicated teaching resources.
- Launch an international schools platform to support them in delivering various international curricula.
- The Aussie Student Invention competition inspires students for another successful year.
As an organisation, we exist to enhance teaching and learning. We support educators at all levels of learning to foster creative and innovative educational environments and to deliver powerful pedagogical outcomes through technology and video. We operate with four key values at our heart.
We demonstrate our passion for deeper educational experiences through learning, growing and sharing our knowledge.
People are at the heart of our organisation. We are accountable, and communicate with each other and our customers with honesty and respect.
We play an integral role in evolving teaching and learning through future-focused innovation, rising to challenges and always ensuring that we have the long-term in mind.
We work hard, but always make time for fun as we build meaningful relationships, collaborate and share inspiration.
The ClickView Team
Our team of enthusiastic, hard-working professionals is empowered by the technology we use and the products we build. We’re always looking for like-minded people to join us, whose love of innovative technology, passion for education and unique skill set can enhance our team culture and company success.
Designed by educators, for educators
Our team includes experienced classroom teachers, committed to producing high-quality teaching resources to enhance outcomes in schools and further education settings.
Our expert educational consultants
We work with educational consultants, who are pedagogical experts in their subject areas. Our consultants are passionate about the role of video in teaching and learning and provide guidance with curriculum alignment and content development. Many are practising teachers, and all bring a wealth of professional experience to their role.
ClickView in the media
Visit the ClickView press hub for the latest announcements, press releases and media coverage. You can also access logos and images via our press kit and find out how to get in touch with our PR team.
We’re proud to produce award-winning educational videos and teaching resources for educators around the world.