Dissections for the Science Classroom
A ClickView original series
‘Dissections for the Science Classroom’ is a valuable new resource for junior and middle secondary students of Science and Biology. The dynamic series demonstrates dissection in action, accompanied by clear descriptions and helpful explanatory diagrams.
Use the ClickView original series and educational resources as a replacement for or complement to hands-on dissection in the lab. Please note that no live creatures were euthanased for the production of these clips.
This series has been specifically developed with junior and middle secondary Science and Biology students and their teachers in mind.
- To support all junior Science teachers, including those who don’t have skills in dissection.
- To support all schools to teach dissection, including those without the budget and resources for class sets of dissection tools and organs.
- It can be difficult obtaining organs for dissection, even in schools that wish to teach hands-on dissection.
- We understand not all teachers and students want to perform hands-on dissections, but still value the learnings from this process.
- Strict rules and regulations exist around the use of organs in schools, which can create obstacles for Science teachers when it comes to dissection.
Free junior Science series ‘Dissections for the Science Classroom’
The study of anatomy at a junior and middle secondary level can be carried out effectively using high quality video. ClickView’s ‘Dissections for the Science Classroom’ series will give students the opportunity to learn about the structure of various organs in the body and to hone their observational skills.
The are many advantages to teaching dissection through video:
- Video allows a flexible approach to teaching, encouraging whole-class student interaction with dissection.
- The dissection procedures in the series are performed by experts for the highest quality demonstrations.
- The ability to pause and discuss the content can enhance the assimilation of information.
- Students can rewatch content in their own time, returning to master or refresh particular concepts.
- Clear, illustrative diagrams help convey the structural organisation of each organ.
- Accompanying educational resources include questions and answers to reinforce the video content.
How can I use the ‘Dissections for the Science Classroom’ series in my classroom?
‘Dissections in the Science Classroom’ is appropriate for junior and middle secondary students of Science and Biology. The clips and accompanying resources will help you deliver highly effective lessons on dissection, organs and scientific observation.
What are the educational outcomes for my students?
By watching and interacting with this series, your students will:
- Better understand the structure of various organs in the body.
- Hone their observational skills through recorded close-up dissection demonstrations.
- Extend their understanding of biology through comprehension questions, research activities and diagram labelling.
Join over 4,900 schools and institutes who enhance teaching
and learning with ClickView
Our extensive collection of rich video content and teaching resources is there for you, to help deepen your students’ understanding. Get in touch for your free trial and staff demo today.Try ClickView for free