What is Library Editor?
Library Editor is a fully hosted, cloud-based alternative to ClickView Publisher. Developed in consultation with over 800 school librarians, Library Editor is available now and comes free with your ClickView subscription. Upgrade today to join more than 1,700 schools who are already enjoying a simplified user experience.
We’ve developed and extensively tested the following Library Editor key functions:
How can schools use Library Editor?
Below are some of the ways our ClickView schools curate their libraries.
You can also read our blog, 6 Reasons Your School Should Have Its Own ClickView Library.
- Create folders for specific groups, such as special needs content, SRC, debating and STEM club.
- Make content easy to find for students. Upload it from your Workspace to your school’s library so it appears in the search results.
- Library staff can quickly search the custom video library to find teacher resources for lessons, without spending hours digging through books.
- Your own school library is a secure centralised place to access and share resources internally, across departments and campuses.
- A professional learning folder provides easy access to internal presentations and staff training resources.
- Record science experiments and build a library of reactions to share with classes or upload free-to-air foreign language TV content to enhance language classes.
- Maintain connection with parents and the wider school community. Videos added from your Workspace to your library can be shared publicly, such as assemblies, theatre productions or sport carnivals.
- To communicate to the whole school if you’ve outgrown your assembly space, make a recording and place it in the school library.
- Record and share presentations from guest speakers for ready access.
- Preserve recordings of drama and theatre productions.
- Archive historical school content for school anniversaries, reunions and open days.
- Keep a record of sporting and swimming carnivals, meets and matches.
Already used by 1,700 schools
Replacing ClickView Publisher, Library Editor is the new video library curation tool that requires zero server space.
Library Technician at Central Coast Grammar School, Leah Rose, explains how they upgraded to Library Editor to save server space and improved the user experience for staff.
How to upgrade to Library Editor
We’re looking forward to helping you make the move to Library Editor. All you need to do is follow these three simple steps to get started.
Remove all videos from your working folder and download queue, and tidy up your folder structure.
Sync your videos with ClickView Online.
Now, book your appointment. Our team of product specialists are on hand to answer your questions or help you work through the steps to upgrade to Library Editor.Book an appointment
“We’re thrilled to see the addition of the Season and Episode Number fields and the effect that this will have on MARC records; this will be really helpful to us. Thanks again for taking our feedback into consideration!”
– Clare Biggerstaff, Library Media Assistant
Canberra Girls Grammar School
“I’ve had a look into it with a few requests & editing and they’re great. Thanks so much for listening & acting on my suggestions.”
– Lisa-Jane Campbell, Audiovisual Technician / Co-ordinator
Kardinia International College
“I’ve been able to work from home on ClickView thanks to Library Editor. It is absolutely fabulous! And the improvements keep coming.”
– Mary Crowley, Teacher Librarian
Trinity College Beenleigh